Thursday, June 23, 2016

Amusement in Weisman Museum


When DH and I visited the Weisman Museum last Friday, from afar I noticed a man working diligently in one of the galleries.  When I got closer I realised that he was part of the artwork, and my initial error made me laugh.  After a few minutes I saw a "twin installation" with another man, a  visitor. Jim thought it was terrible of me to take a stealth photo and pair him with the artwork.  It amused me so I, of course, ignored Jim's reaction.

14 comments:

  1. This sure raises the familiar question: What is art? Good job, Kate! And I have a feeling Jim's been ignored before. On occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post, love your commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your comparison! The artwork one is pretty amazing. Before I read your comment, I thought why is that guy using a "land-line".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's is really cute. Loe it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The art instillation is clearly from the 1960s given clothing and technology. Your photo is a similar subject with a contemporary theme. Everyone these days seems to be looking at their cell phone all the time, and there is no way of knowing what they are doing, unlike the old, rotary dial telephone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There has been a display in our Gallery in the past of a woman who looks so vividly real that you have to look twice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I for one am happy you made the comparison. That first guy does look real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha. sorta freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Which one is the artwork? {{grin}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's brilliant Kate, you can't let an opportunity like that slip by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, which is which? (Nice one, Kate.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!